Tuesday

Regent's Park and zombies

Monday is a morning with classes and the dreaded early awakening. I arose with enough time to take a shower, which is always a win. After class, I attempted to find the company to get a Russian Visa at but without much success. I know where it is, I just couldn't get there in time and make it to the British Library for our field trip to see old books. It was a very tired day yesterday and that was reflected in how little amazement I had at these incredibly old texts. I was amazed and yet I was also in a bit of a daze. Luckily, after this trip I went by the Sherlock Holmes Museum and then just walked around Regent's Park, which was a much more relaxing occupation. It was a beautiful park and involved no effort from the brain whatsoever. It also stopped raining for the day, which made it all the more enjoyable.
Frankly, despite my love of intellectual engagement, I hit a point where I need a break, so I am currently doing laundry and going to Buckingham Palace later in the day before Matilda the Musical. It is nice to be up earlier and by myself just doing laundry. Just like drinking Coke, it seems to add a calming continuity to my life. As long as I can do my laundry, no matter where I am or what's going on, life is good. Or at least good enough.
Melanie has been progressing in her effort to make a movie about how to survive a zombie apocalypse in London. Regent's Park was excellent to shoot at and we filmed a zombie attack in the loo at the Sherlock Holmes museum as well. My character is very much what you would expect - practical but all for distancing myself from others in case they are turned to zombies. Melanie tells me this will be my downfall. It's raining again, so it won't be nearly as fun going to Buckingham Palace outside today as it was yesterday, but it will be in clean clothes.

No comments: