Monday

Madness

Slowly it comes I sense it near, the screaming madness comes, I fear
Creeping so slowly with every new event, forgetting things, emotions pent
Holding it together, surviving, with phone calls and texts while driving
Every week longer, will there be an end?
Confusion and moonstruck madness I portend
Calmly I seem to have lost all dreams
Sleep has been abandoned, eating is random
Only when I have a moment trying to catch up
Does my maniacal laughter indicate I’m stumped
Toward mad Bedlam sending, quiet my precious sanity rending
Will it come with thunder, fist shaking at the heavens, world split asunder
Or quiet whispering sounds that aren’t there; creeping up on me as I sit in my chair
One more thing and one more thing to be done
I can’t handle anymore right now, I must run
Give up, quit, die, show me how to leave this endless circling ride
What more can I do to help you? Wait until the world ends, all things new?
Confusion, like waves inside my head, reason pays no mind
Tossing and turning, trying to be kind, No no more or I’ll lose my mind

No comments: