Friday

When a guy asks you to a game night . . .

When a guy doesn't ask you out, but asks you to a game night he is having at his place for friends, what is that? I asked this guy out more than a week ago, and I'm into him, but I don't think he's into me. Then he asked me to this game night over at his place. It was me, another girl I know, and the rest were guy friends of his from med school. It was fun and I had fun, but I think it is definitely signaling that we are just friends. But there was only one other girl there, so maybe he likes me a little but isn't sure if I like him. I don't know how to read signals at all and I don't know how to flirt, so I am really bad at communicating subtle relationship stuff without saying it. Relationship communication is always very ambiguous and can be interpreted so many ways, it confuses the more straight-forward of us. I could ask questions circling around forever, but I would still end with the fact that I don't know if he likes me and I'm not sure how to subtly indicate that I like him. I ask him questions, talk with him, go to his game nights, show concern for decisions he has to make. I don't really know how to do much more. I'm not one of those girls who can flirt or indicate interest in a guy without even thinking about it. The only flirting I can do is when I'm pretending to be someone else in a play and the lines are already given to me and they tell me where to move. Anyway, much as I like this guy, I think I'm going to have to give up and ask someone else out in a couple more weeks when I find some time after my play opens and closes. I have to give up on this though I like this guy and feel comfortable talking and having fun with him. I may not like the next one. I'm not that picky, but sometimes the most random things put me off.

No comments: