Wednesday

Stress

Stealing the sanity right out of my mind
Too much to do, I rush and fall behind
Speed essential and fine detail unheeded
Now is when all projects are needed
Customer’s complaints needing greeding pound
Loving heart and placid calm into the ground
Doing seven things and memory goes
Doing all I can no need to bite off my nose
Talking to myself in an uncontrolled mutter
Adrenaline voice on the phone starts to stutter
Stressed out in the dark place where no sun shines
Work running an unending circle of time
Spinning into unbelievable frenetic farce
Time running out, future and hope sparse
Reality loses hold insane laughter comes
Brain is dead and body is shaking and numb
Rushing without care in the apathetic zone
If it doesn’t all stop soon I will start to moan
Laying on the floor like a sick soufflé
Power phones will die or it’s time to run away
Men in white will come and take me from this pit
Or I’ll just up and yell real loud, “I quit!”

No comments: