Friday

Scissors

Slicing the thinnest salacious sheet
When in the dark I don’t want to meet
Stranger running with scissors upraised
Staring straight ahead eyes open glazed
Hacking open packaging with glee
Slashing plastic and all remnants of trees
Severing strings and all manner of things
Destructive fantasies start to take wing
Excising cool calm calculation
Now harboring dreams of decapitation
For my clean sharp scissors lovingly reach
Thwarted wrath there has been a breach
Thief with my favored sheers did abscond
Does the filthy knave know how I’ll respond
Force and bloody vengeance will be mine
My sharp sheers will mutilate his spine
He’ll fall on the floor then start to whine
Graciously I’ll allow him to resign

Without scissors nowhere to go
I’ll go steal a pair from Joe

No comments: