Tuesday

Answering the Phone

Receding into the evilest recesses
Ringing echoing repels my deceived ears
Pealing out rejection my mind assesses
How Edison’s device brings annoying here
With clanging and clamor the complainers
With drowning din the dearest are announced
To call every hour with simple no-brainers
If we were communists, they’d be denounced
Nightmares of my opening shpiel defy me
Kindness in my happy voice makes me wince
If I shouted ‘What’ maybe they’d let me be
No I prolong treating each cretin like a prince
Until receiver down and horror far away
Back to the sweetly poisonous paperwork
Pending my release to enjoy the leftover day
No need to be kind but always a jerk
Unless ringing starts and chases to the end
Of sanity with brain stopped smile plastered
I think I’m talking to friends

No comments: