Friday

Where is Alexis?

Recovering from a sinus infection. I slept through much of the Jubilee celebrations, though I woke up for the flotilla and went to the concert in Hyde Park. Even the Derby I took a peek at, but this last week has been filled with sleeping. I did see some Royal Shakespeare Company shows with the class: The Comedy of Errors and Twelfth Night. Though they were both entertaining, they weren't stunning. Twelfth Night was much better than The Comedy of Errors, but even in my drug-addled mind, it didn't even come close to my top five plays from London.

I finally saw a doctor on Wednesday. He was a nice British man who confirmed my self-diagnosis of a sinus infection. I got some drugs then ran to Heathrow to meet my sister Ekitzel coming in from Hong Kong. She is also sick. With many drugs in me, I took her to see Westminster and Trafalgar Square before we both realized how tired we really were. The next day, we also tried to spend all day at the Victoria and Albert, but that turned into a few hours before it was nap time. Today, we spent a few hours at the British Museum before we returned and purchased Ekitzel cough medicine to stave off more impending illness. When we returned to the flat to collect all our things and move them to the hostel, I found that the cleaning ladies had thrown away all my food and all my prescription medication.

All my prescription medication. All those beautiful prescriptions from that nice British doctor. I don't really feel well enough to care about it at this instance, but I'm sure I need to do something about this. I should probably call the pharmacy and explain the situation or the doctor even. But instead, I decided to sit down and prepare myself for the backpacking adventure that is about to begin. I am about to put on my backpack and trek across Hyde Park to the hostel. I am already missing a place I temporarily called home. So now I am praying that I can make it for two months without any place that seems permanent. I have a feeling I may be throwing away more clothes soon. I already ditched my coat. After Scotland, my turtleneck may go. But now I am squaring my shoulders and hoping my body is well enough to make it across the park.

Good night and good luck.

No comments: