Wednesday

My loving poem to Wednesdays

Winding hopelessly until waking
Sunlight my spirit slowly breaking
Into hopeless monotony of making
A living with no hope of redemption
IRS will give me no exemption
Kill me now as a preemption
Catastrophe comes all clumped
Bleakness of life has me stumped
All that’s left is to get dumped
Why can’t the end come soon
Drown the office in a monsoon
Waiting for Friday night or noon
Time weighing down the living
Death a cheerful grin giving
Resentment for work unforgiving
Feeling downtrodden disheartened depressed
Always stuck in the Midwest
Living on caffeine and still stressed
Without money, dispossessed
Too tired to mount a large protest
I have a plan. Have you guessed?
To escape work week I detest
It involves poison and a large arrest
It’s only Wednesday with too much to go
When it’s over maybe I won’t feel so low
It’s only the hump and it’s going to blow

No comments: